🎶Bottle of red. Bottle of white. It all depends on your appetite.🎶 Perfect night to make a classic Italian dish and onceuponachef had an simple, yet delicious, pasta bolognese sauce. When this is over, I’ll meet you anytime you want! 👩🏻🍳. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/pasta-bolognese.html/. Pasta Bolognese
* 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
* 2 carrots, peeled/chopped into 1-in chunks
* 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 3 cloves chopped garlic * 2 tbs olive oil
* 1-1/3 pounds ground beef * 4 ounces pancetta, finely diced
* 1 teaspoon salt * 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 cup dry red wine * 2 cups beef broth
* 1 (14-oz) can crushed tomatoes * 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 cup whole milk * 1 pound pasta
* Handful chopped fresh basil or parsley, for serving (optional)
* Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving (optional)
*Finely chop onions, celery and carrots * Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the finely chopped onions and vegetable mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Lower the heat if the vegetables start to brown.
* Add the ground beef, pancetta, salt & pepper and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.
* Add the wine & cook until it is almost dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes.
* Add the broth, crushed tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover with the lid slightly ajar and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
* Add the milk to the sauce and stir to combine. Cover with the lid slightly ajar and simmer until the milk is absorbed and the meat is tender, about 35 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Before straining, ladle out 1 cup of the pasta water into a bowl or measuring cup and set aside. Drain the pasta, then add to the sauce. Toss with tongs, adding the reserved pasta water little by little if the pasta seems dry. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.