I. Can’t. Stop. Making . Chinese. Food. Thank you skinnytaste for healthy options. 👩🏻🍳. (scroll down or DM me for the Skinny Taste Easy Wonton Soup). Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
* 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons mirin
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon canola oil divided
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced thinly
* 2 cups zucchini, cut 1/4 inch thick half moons (from 1 large zucchini)
* sesame seeds, scallion for garnish, if desired
* In a large bowl add the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, mirin, sugar, and sesame oil and whisk until everything is completely dissolved.
* In a large skillet add one teaspoon canola oil on medium high heat and cook half the chicken until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
* Repeat with the second half of the chicken and an additional teaspoon of oil. Remove the chicken to the plate.
* Add in the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30-45 seconds until very fragrant but not browned.
* Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the sauce, whisking well. Cook the sauce 1 minute, then add in the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes more, until thickened and the zucchini is tender crisp. Remove from heat, add in the chicken and stir well to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if desired.