Miles of smiles with this Salmon with Avocado Salsa from gimmedelicious . This is low carb, whole 30, paleo and just all around healthy. Good way to kick off the weekend! 👩🏻🍳
* 2 4-6 oz salmon fillets
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* For the avocado salsa
* 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
* 1/2 cup tomato diced (any type of tomato)
* 2 tablespoons onion diced
* 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* salt and pepper to taste
* Make the avocado salsa:Add the avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
* Stir the olive oil, garlic, and spices in a small bowl. Brush or rub salmon with the spice mixture.
* Heat a large heavy-duty (preferably non-stick) pan or grill medium-high heat. Add salmon to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan, top with avocado salsa and serve immediately.