Our family loves to visit pfchangs when we are traveling (don’t have one close by), and we were so happy that damn_delicious has created a recipe inspired by their Chicken Lettuce Wraps and we can have them at home. Such a simple dish, which can get pulled together quick. Love it! 👩🏻🍳. https://damndelicious.net/2014/05/30/pf-changs-chicken-lettuce-wraps/. PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound ground chicken
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 onion, diced
* 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
* 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
* 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 head butter lettuce
* * DIRECTIONS:
* Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
* Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
* Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
* To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.