Still haven’t made it back to our favorite AsIan take out, so grateful that dinneratthezoo provided this delicious recipe of Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry that everyone loved. 👩🏻🍳. https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/teriyaki-beef-stir-fry/
For the stir fry
* 1 1/4 lbs thinly sliced steak such as flank steak or sirloin
* 3 cups of mixed vegetables * salt and pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* Optional garnishes: sliced green onions and sesame seeds
For the sauce
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 2 teaspoons minced ginger
* 1 tablespoon of honey
* 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
* 1 TBS + 1 tsp cornstarch
* For the sauce: Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey & sesame oil in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 min. Turn up heat to high & bring to boil.
* Mix the cornstarch with 2 TBS of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Set sauce aside.
* For the stir fry: Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and season with salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 min or until vegetables have started to brown and soften. * Add 2 TBS of water and cook, until water has evaporated. When your vegetables are crisp tender remove them from the pan and set aside.
* Wipe out the pan. Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in the pan over high heat.
* Place half of the steak in the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 min on each side or until just cooked through.
* Set the first batch of steak aside and repeat the process with the rest of the beef.
* Add all of the meat and vegetables back to the pan. Pour the sauce over the top and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat until warmed through.
* Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.