The sun is shining today! ☀️. Bring on the salads! Better yet, bring on lemon herb mediterranean pasta salad from cafedelites !! Easy to make, most ingredients on hand…throw in chicken, shrimp, etc., if you need to amp up your protein. 👩🏻🍳. https://cafedelites.com/lemon-herb-mediterranean-pasta-salad/. lemon herb mediterranean pasta salad
* 12 ounces | dry pasta (Penne)
FOR LEMON HERB DRESSING:
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 TBS finely chopped fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
* 2 tsp dried oregano , minced
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Cracked pepper , to taste
* 4 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
* 1 large cucumber , diced
* 1 avocado , peeled and chopped
* 1/2 of a large red pepper deseeded and cut into thin strips
* 9 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 a red onion , thinly sliced
* ½ C pitted kalamata olives , sliced
* 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil , drained
* 5-6 TBS crumbled feta cheese.
* Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander or strainer, then rinse under cold water to take the heat out. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
* While pasta is boiling, prepare your dressing. Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug.
* Add all of the salad ingredients into the salad bowl along with the pasta, and drizzle with the dressing. Toss all of the ingredients together until everything is coated evenly in dressing. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
* Serve immediately.