This is one of those recipes that will remind you of how great simple, flavorful dinners can be, and that you don’t need crazy fancy ingredients to make a meal that everyone will love. The stars of this dish are kielbasa – always a fave – and cabbage, so nutritious. The side is rice and beans (I used cannelloni) and we added Linza Salsa, a favorite we brought back from Costa Rica that you can find on line. We adapted this recipe from theforkedspoon, as it was made for meal prep planning. But, we aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. 🤷♀️. 👩🏻🍳 https://theforkedspoon.com/meal-prep-skillet-kielbasa-with-bell-peppers/. Skillet Kielbasa with Bell Peppers and Cabbage
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 large yellow onion chopped
* 4 cloves garlic minced
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* Two 14 oz package Polska Kielbasa chopped into large chunks
* 2 bell peppers seeded & chopped
* 1 small green cabbage chopped
* 2 cups cooked white rice
* 2 cups cooked Yellow Eye Beans or bean of choice
* Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil with the onion and stir. Cook the onion for approximately 7-9 minutes, or until onion is cooked and just starting to caramelize. Stir frequently.
* Add the garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning to the onions and stir to combine. Add the Kielbasa to the skillet. Cook the Kielbasa on each side (approximately 3 minutes), or until heated through. Stir the onions frequently, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water to the skillet as needed.
* Stir in the chopped bell peppers and green cabbage and stir to combine. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for approximately 3 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir well. Cook until vegetables reach desired doneness.
* In a separate bowl, stir to combine the cooked rice and beans, set aside.