We had a tale of two breakfasts today. One was made with farm fresh eggs (yum!) that were brought from a friend and leftovers from previous meals of quinoa, spinach, tomato and avocado. The other was a little longer to put together but well worth the effort! The Best Coffee Cake Recipe from sugarspun_sam is quite the decadent treat with cream cheese and buttermilk making surprise appearances. And, did I mention the butter? And sugar? Oh lawd, it was good to have with a hot cup of coffee. 👩🏻🍳. https://sugarspunrun.com/cinnamon-coffee-cake/. The Best Coffee Cake
* 1/2 cup butter softened * 8 oz cream cheese softened * 1 cup light brown sugar tightly packed
* 1/2 cup sugar * 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour * 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1/4 cup sugar * 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour * 1 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar packed * 3 Tablespoons sugar
* 4 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 10 Tbs unsalted butter melted
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar * 2-3 teaspoons milk
* Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease & flour a 13×9 baking pan.
* In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
* Beat in sugars, light & fluffy.
* Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
* Stir in vanilla extract.
* In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
* Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk, until all combined.
* Spread about half of the batter into prepared pan * whisk together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
* Dollop remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar layer and use a knife to spread evenly overtop. Streusel
* Use a fork to whisk together your flour, sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Pour melted butter over mixture & use a fork to stir. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
* Bake on 350F for 40-50 minutes
* If desired, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.