Well, when asked for suggestions for dinner, I actually got an answer! Chicken Lo Mein was the winner. dinnerthendessert had a recipe that she loves, so I gave it a try. I had the vegetables on hand, but also added some traditional Chinese vegetables of corn, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts. Great one dish dinner: protein, carbs and veggies all in one. I was missing Oyster Sauce and will look to grab that next time I am out. 👩🏻🍳. https://dinnerthendessert.com/chicken-lo-mein/. Chicken Lo Mein
* 10 ounces Chinese egg noodles
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly
* 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon minced ginger
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 carrot thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup onion slices
* 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
* 1 cup bean sprouts
1. Cook the egg noodles one minute shy of the directions.
2. Drain and toss with sesame oil in a bowl to coat.
3. Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Cook the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Remove from the pan and add in the red bell peppers, ginger and garlic and cook them for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until just softened.
6. Add in the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, vegetable oil and oyster sauce into the skillet.
7. Add in the carrot, onion and cabbage and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding back in the chicken and egg noodles.
8. Add in the bean sprouts, toss all the ingredients together well and serve.